Read online or download the pdf of this free eBook “The Conservative Nanny State: How the Wealthy Use the Government to Stay Rich and Get Richer”, written by Dean Baker.
In his new book, economist Dean Baker debunks the myth that conservatives favor the market over government intervention. In fact, conservatives rely on a range of “nanny state” policies that ensure the rich get richer while leaving most Americans worse off. It’s time for the rules to change. Sound economic policy should harness the market in ways that produce desirable social outcomes – decent wages, good jobs and affordable health care.
- The Government vs. the Market
- Doctors and Dishwashers
- The Workers Are Getting Uppity
- The Secret of High CEO Pay and Other Mysteries of the Corporation
- Bill Gates – Welfare Mom
- The Rigged Legal Deck
- Small Business Babies
- Don’t Make Big Business Compete Against Government Bureaucrats
- Beyond the Conservative Nanny State
File size: 1.02 MB
Number of pages: 119
Link: HTML | PDF | View on Scribd