Download “Banking Basics” in pdf format for free.
This publication provides an overview of the banking system for young people. Topics include checks clearing, currency circulation, methods of payment, electronic banking and the role of the Federal Reserve. Designed for students with an understanding of the U.S. banking system.
- What is a bank?
- How do people start banks?
- How did banking begin?
- Why are there so many different types of banks?
- How do I choose a bank?
- What types of accounts do banks offer?
- Is it difficult to open a bank account?
- What happens to money after you deposit it?
- What happens when you apply for a loan?
- What are checks, and how do they work?
- What is electronic banking?
- Credit cards, debit cards, stored valued cards: What’s the difference?
- Do banks keep large amounts of gold and silver in their vaults?
- Do you lose money if your bank fails?
- Do you lose money if your bank is robbed?
- How does the Federal Reserve fit into the U.S. banking system?
- Resources for Everyone
Format(s): PDF (738.54 KB)
Number of pages: 44