Download the new version of free eBook “Handbook for Bloggers and Cyber-Dissidents” from Reporters Without Borders.
The handbook offers practical advice and techniques on how to create a blog, make entries and get the blog to show up in search engine results. It gives clear explanations about blogging for all those whose online freedom of expression is subject to restrictions, and it shows how to sidestep the censorship measures imposed by certain governments, with a practical example that demonstrates the use of the censorship circumvention software Tor.
The leaders of authoritarian countries are becoming more and suspicious of bloggers, these men and women who, although not journalists, publish news and information online and who, worse still, often tackle subjects the so-called traditional media dare not cover. In some countries, blogs have become an important new source of news. It is to protect this source that Reporters Without Borders has updated its handbook.
- Bloggers, a new source of news
- What’s a blog ?
- The language of blogging
- Choosing the best tool
- How to set up and run a blog
- What ethics should blogueurs have ?
- Getting your blog picked up by search-engines
- What really makes a blog shine ?
- Personal accounts
- How to blog anonymously with wordpress and tor
- Technical ways to get round censorship
- Ensuring your e-mail is truly private
- The 2008 golden scissors of cyber-censorship
File size: 2.29 MB
Number of pages: 81