Free eBook “Tragedy of the Euro” by Philipp Bagus.
With this book, Professor Bagus brings his scholarship to English readers, explaining the background to the idea of European unity and its heritage of sound money. He explains that the Euro is not what the older classical liberals had hoped for but instead is a politically managed money that is destined for failure.
He writes with a keen sense for economic analytics and empirical detail, offering one of the most accessible and yet rigorous accounts of the emergence of the Euro. He predicts its downfall due to political pressures, bad banking practices, and exploding public-sector liabilities.
- Two Visions of Europe
- The Dynamics of Fiat Money
- The Road Toward the Euro
- Why High Inflation Countries Wanted the Euro
- Why Germany Gave Up the Deutschmark
- The Money Monopoly of the ECB
- Differences in the Money Creation of the Fed and the ECB
- The EMU as a Self-Destroying System
- The EMU as a Conflict-Aggregating System
- The Ride Toward Collapse
- The Future of the Euro
Format(s): PDF, ePub
File size: 1.67 MB
Number of pages: 198