Free online version of the The Highway Code, the official road safety manual for Great Britain.
Essential reading for all road users in England, Scotland and Wales. This latest edition of the only official Highway Code contains the very latest rules of the road. Many of these rules are legal requirements and must be adhered to, in order to avoid penalty fines, penalty points, disqualification or even prison. The rules also include a reference to the legislation that creates the offence. The Official Highway Code reflects the latest legislation that road users must adhere to, advice on road safety and best practice.
- Rules for pedestrians
- Rules for users of powered wheelchairs and mobility scooters
- Rules about animals
- Rules for cyclists
- Rules for motorcyclists
- Rules for drivers and motorcyclists
- General rules, techniques and advice for all drivers and riders
- Using the road
- Road users requiring extra care
- Driving in adverse weather conditions
- Waiting and parking
- Breakdowns and incidents
- Road works, level crossings and tramways
- You and your bicycle
- Motorcycle licence requirements
- Motor vehicle documentation and learner driver requirements
- The road user and the law
- Vehicle maintenance, safety and security
- First aid on the road
- Safety code for new drivers
Format(s): HTML, PDF
Link: Read online.