Free eBook “The Truth About Preventing Identity Theft” by John Oh, Brandon Qureshi and Greg McKeon from IDProtectionGuide.net.
Tips to prevent and avoid identity theft:
1. Opt out of all preapproved credit card offers by calling 888.567.8688
2. Write the Direct Mail Association and ask them to remove you from the list.
3. Request a social security benefits statement by calling 1.800.772.1213
4. Pull one credit report each four months by going to annualcreditreport.com
5. Remove file sharing software immediately.
6. Never open email attachments unless you were expecting them
Continue reading for a more thorough understanding of how these quick tips can help save you a lot of trouble!
- What Specific Types of Information Identity Thieves Look For
- How To Protect Yourself On Social Networks like Facebook
- How To Protect Yourself in Your Home, at Work, and Online
- How To Check Your Credit Report For Free
- How To Set Strong Passwords
- Learn The Best Way To Detect if Identity Theft Has Occurred
- What To Do If You’re a Victim
- How To Repair Your Credit After Identity Theft
File size: 237 KB
Number of pages: 30